Please fill out the form below to arrange a tour of Stepping Stones Early Learning Center. If you have any questions, please call us at 651.998.1661 (Woodbury) or 763.710.7273 (Blaine). We are currently enrolling all ages for both Centers.
We love answering questions so don’t be shy about asking them. The site Mommy Poppins offers some advice of the top questions to ask during your tour:
- Separation policy – Is there a phase-in period? Are parents expected to stick around for the first few days, or does the school take a more cold-turkey approach?
- Schedules for various ages – Does the school offer options that work for your family?
- Typical day – Ask what a typical day is like. This will illustrate many things, including the flow of the day and the types of activities the children do.
- Parent involvement – Some schools appreciate fundraising help, but don’t want parents in the classroom. Others may have an open-door policy so parents can drop by anytime. Make sure your expectations match the school’s rules.
- Teaching philosophy – There are many different early childhood education philosophies. What approach are you looking for—something very academic, or are you more concerned about socialization and creative play?
- Discipline – Of course, your child will never act out… but, hypothetically, how does the school handle behavioral issues?
- Qualifications and backgrounds of the teaching staff – Are the teachers trained in early education? How many years have they been teaching? How long have they been at the school?
- Special offerings – Does the school offer language, music, yoga, dance, etc.?
- Tuition and additional fees – Make sure you understand the fees and if there are additional expenses on top of tuition.