Farm to Preschool Menu and Education
(Early Preschool, Preschool, Kindergarten Readiness & School Age)
The goal of Farm to Preschool is to influence the eating habits of young children while their food preferences are still developing.
Learning how to make healthy choices early on in life sets a foundation for healthy future food habits. With this in mind, we have designed our nutrition education activities and menu.
Stepping Stones Farm to Preschool includes:
- Center Menu is focused on the use of fresh, nutrient-dense and locally grown foods
- Experienced Chef provides homemade nutritious meals and snacks with healthy, delicious options
- Nutrition Education about seeds, plants, fruits, vegetables, farms, seasons etc
- Health Education- learning how their healthy food choices make their bodies healthier
- Farm and Farmer’s Market Field Trips
- Edible Preschool Gardens and indoor classroom growing projects